Indispensable qualities and priorities held by many of our members.
- We love the God we meet in Jesus Christ and desire to follow God with integrity in our everyday lives.
- We are an open, diverse and inclusive community sharing the love of God.
- We introduce people to Jesus Christ, share the good news through our words and actions and welcome them into Christ’s church.
- We worship together in a variety of ways to honor and learn from God.
- We recognize spiritual gifts among our members and call on their use to serve the church, our community, and the world.
- We nurture congregational unity and intimacy through mutual friendship, care, forbearance, prayer, and love.
- We learn about God together, at all ages, through worship, Christian education and service.
- We love children and share responsibility for their growth as disciples.
- We uphold and honor each other in our discernment, decisions, and direction.
- We extend special care and support for persons who are ill, aging, in crisis, or need.
- We elect and respect our leaders and recognize that we are all in ministry together.
- We are partners with our larger denominational, ecumenical and interfaith communities.
- We involve ourselves in our communities and world through mission and acts of justice.
- We return our God-given time, gifts & abilities and financial resources to fulfill Christ’s mission and ministry.
Shared theology most expressed among our members.
- Jesus Christ is our Lord and Savior, and head of the church.
- God is our sovereign creator and ruler who calls us as partners in the stewardship of all creation.
- The Holy Spirit is God’s presence within and among us to strengthen and comfort.
- Scripture is the unique and authoritative witness to God for guidance and instruction.
- The church is the community of forgiven and redeemed believers, gathered, led and empowered through the Spirit to be the living body of Christ.
- Worship, prayer, study and service are the disciplines of the church to fulfill its mission.